Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Doing business online does not mean spending 12 hours in front of the computer


In that sense I'm talking very specifically about the ability you must develop in order to determine what to delegate and what not.

I'll give a concrete example ...

I think at this point you will agree with me that without traffic, no business on the Internet (or outside) because if you do not have people buying or coming to their store (physical or virtual) no way of be successful.

It follows then that one of the activities that I have to promote is to generate traffic. Still, if broken this activity in their implications, you will see that there are several ways to get get people to your website could be through constant and regular publication of web content from pay per click campaigns, distribution of videos, strategic alliances, etc.., and so on.

What would an inexperienced entrepreneur in this situation?

Well, eternal spend hours making each of these activities.

Where is the error if all activities collaborate in generating traffic?

Pay close attention ...

It saddens me to know there are entrepreneurs who spend the whole day in front of a computer generating incoming links or posting on forums to increase the volume of traffic.

Even if you do not believe it, to generate traffic to my website and to my landing pages and sales letters, I occupy a good portion of my time but I do completely offline.

Wondering what I mean?

My definition of marketing is very simple and may differ greatly from those you have heard in the past, for marketing is:

"Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between all parties involved"

So what I do is to cultivate relationships with my co-opetition, as the Internet there is no competition, or at least not in my case because my main competitors are my greatest friends, even in some cases have been my students.

Growing these relationships using for example the phone, calling the main market players and establish friendship with them, make and receive proposals for such mutual contribution to grow together.

What about the rest of the activities?

Great question!

For all other contract to someone else to do it for me, because for my time is more important than money and if I invest time in building relationships pays me 100 times more than I use to do the above tasks, That's where I use it.

I think this is clear that it must develop the ability to determine which activities are most profitable for your business and for all others to have someone to collaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment